Sunday, July 13, 2014

Great books, and end of holidays...

       Sometimes I just don't get this, why every time in every holiday I get something good to read at the end? I spent 3 full months totally doing nothing except wasting my time on net, sleeping and yeah a short trip. And now when my holiday is this close to end I started reading a great book and now I don't ever want it to end.
     I found myself looking at my kindle reader at the page count and feeling sad as it goes towards the end. It has happened many times before too at the time I was reading Twilight's last book or Looking for alaska and many more.
     and this time I started reading "to kill a mockingbird". FINALLY!!! because I have tried to read it many times before but couldn't go further than 10 pages maximum. because of that boo radley first i thought its about a ghost or something like that animation movie of haunted house of neighbor. but then I made up my mind and decided to finish it somehow, and now when I am totally into this book. I don't ever want to know how it ends.
      I wander how some people can imagine or write such beautiful stories that we never ever want to stop reading. There are no difficult literature words, neither tragedies its just a simple tale from a 8 years old girl's view. and maybe thats why it seems so intense. It feels so real when their father gives them advices of simple good behavior. I felt so proud of our generation which has president Obama as a president of America, and suddenly I felt why his presence there is so utmost important. Its not just the way he struggled, there has been decades of struggling of all the people who strived for independence and freedom. I couldn't help but cry at the line where Jem says to change the law which makes black people guilty, and Atticus says
“You’d be surprised how hard that’d be. I won’t live to see the law
changed, and if you live to see it you’ll be an old man." and I felt so happy for a reason that we have changed the law, and we live in a world which does not care what is the color of our skin is.
Nothing is eternal in this world, the thing which you might feel will stay as it is and there is no possibility of change then it must be wrong. Because even the smallest efforts counts in the biggest changes and thats what makes us sustainable I guess.
To a great piece of literature... To kill a mockingbird. I will never forget a tale of a 8 year old girl which made my end of holiday unforgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment