Saturday, May 2, 2015

And the Best sketch award goes to....

The best things about awards are that they feel more attractive till they are not in your hands. :D
Today we had annual award ceremony at our college.  and I received two awards in category of best Research project and one for best sketch award in our college magazine. That was amazing feeling when we bow to get the medal from dignitaries and hearing the crowd cheering for us. :)
The most important thing about the ceremony was the Padmashri Leela Poonawala. who was the guest dignitary for the ceremony and who shared really valuable thoughts with us for the function.
One of the thoughts she said which was outstanding as do not say that sky is the limit, rather say as I will define my own sky. And to reach that sky, keep your small goals and try to fulfill them. 
Celebrate your small achievements , if you don't celebrate your won success who will have value of them? 

she told about her life as a student, and how she struggled through to get education complete. and then she decided that when she will be earning enough money she will help other girls to get higher education. and she did found the foundation later which helped the young girls to get high education who are from low economically background.

One of the students asked her that she has received these many awards, what is the ultimate motive of her life. She gave an outstanding answer as "As I said you define your own sky. I decided that my happiness lies among the girls I help. I get the most happiness when they call me to tell that they had got selected in MNC's and having lucrative packages. That is the my ultimate motive which gives me immense happiness. "

Then we all enjoyed the photo session and the day was absolutely filled with enthusiasm.
well it was just a small ceremony and little award function we had achieved , yet it matters as we never achieve the bigger success with one jump, It takes so many small steps to reach there. :)
 and I guess this was one of them... :)

1 comment: