Monday, January 4, 2016

To Natsamrat…

कुणी घर देता का घर... या तुफानाला कोणी घर देता का...
The first time I ever read this dialogue I thought the sarkar word was actually to address the government. But when I saw the play in terms of movie on screen I found out what that was really about. And I really really regretted not being born into the era of such extraordinary piece of art which shakes you from bottom.
I could have never guess how much emotion and pain it involves to be a actor, an extraordinary actor that you forgot to live. I can still hear the dialogues which nana patekar delivered that you feel as if you want to understand each and every word of it.  You want it to repeat till you understand, till you soak it as a sponge soaking water.
The great piece of art, the great piece of literature, the great play…  after a while I started to feel where does these people get this inspiration , the passion that their creation are used to measure all the other creations. In our era of loud and show bizz, have we really lost the touch of innocence and ability to think beyond limits. People have spent nights and nights on creating them, and what do we celebrate today?
The one line of “ I really like you” said by ganpat to his wife at the last of their life together, seems thousand and thousand times real and romantic than a proposals in thousand movies with red roses and violins on background.  But even then, we will watch the movie and forget about it after a little while.  Perhaps back then people didn’t had glossy theaters or tech to create the high definition films but they had so much more creativity I think. If one glimpse in that era can make us this surprised  I cant even imagine what they must have felt when the third bell rang and the curtains opened, which led them to an another world. as the protagonist in today’s film says this theater has ability to create entire world within it.

Again a wonderful effort to let us have a look at our treasure of Marathi literature.  To Natsamrat…

No comments:

Post a Comment