Friday, August 19, 2016

1984

This was also one of the many books which I had in my To Read list, and now or then it would suddenly pop itself up as one of the mind blowing books you will ever read. 
I did give it a try in hopes of finishing it up, but then I wasn't able to go on after some page. and few days ago when I practically had nothing else to do, I did start it. 

and the result was absolutely surprising. This book I can say is one of those which I sort of hated at first but then once I was starting to understand why the things are the way they are, I had no arguments left. I went on and on reading it in extremely gloomy and sad state of mind and it was equally complimenting my situation. 

In the end I was feeling as if maybe I never thought of this kind of situations or people can exist in the world, and still I was agreeing with each and every sentence of 1984. I was agreed to authors reasons, and his ways of explaining them and ultimately I had to, I had to accept the sad but real thing which was explained in the whole process of book. 

I do hate these kind of books usually, because they contradict my ideas of how world works. I feel like I am being tormented and asked to recheck them in front of thousand juries, who question my each sentence and I am left to feel defeated. But this one was different, it didn't insist upon any thought, it just merely stated in front of the reader and we were left to think about it. and in such a way that readers mind was not able to find a way through the undefeated logic. Although I hated each and every thing presented so cruelly and I had nothing, nothing to question the methods of it. 

So I think this one was just a perfect example of how mankind can degrade with the use of extremity. How we can become our enemies and yet have no doubt or even slightest notion of how far we have come in our own degradation. Never have I felt so lost on my words before; to explain how I felt after reading a book.Still reading 1984 was a pure Ecstasy and Torture and yet Undeniably fulfilling experience of reading something worth. 

To 1984 by George Orwell- Being One of the mind blowing books I have read so far. 



No comments:

Post a Comment