Monday, August 8, 2016

Pillars of Humanity

So it happened this way. I was checking a podcast few days ago, and I heard a new term Nihilism in it. Then after some days I heard another one and so basically it was based on why youth are turning towards this gore and violence of extremists and why it attracts them. 
And then its just not stopping at all. 
So basically Nihilism's lateral meaning is the rejection of all religious and moral principles, often in the belief that life is meaningless.
means whatever we think, and feel and live its all just meaningless as its all going to end one day. A person explained in the podcasts as with the things happening around us in the world, young people are getting such an impression as doing something extreme is an ultimate way of finding solace rather than all the other usual things we do, like getting an education, getting a job which pays us good, marrying someone, having kids, watching them grow and finally die. 
so why not just die just like that. without any other effort. 

and this exact term was the shattering of my beliefs. Why would someone do that? why would someone just give up everything because they feel like it? 

after a lot more such shocking news and the direct relation of word nihilism to the today's worlds situation made me so concern about this. 

Then this monday I read an article by one of my favourite author, which you can also read here 

मानवतेचे आधारस्तंभ (संदीप वासलेकर), and understand if you understand marathi. :P

So the summery of the article was this 


"दहशतवादी हल्ले... बोरिस जॉन्सन व ट्रम्प यांचं द्वेषाचं राजकारण...कडव्या राष्ट्रीयत्वाची कल्पना जोपासणाऱ्या पक्षांचा युरोपात उगम... अशा युगात सर्व जगच द्वेष, तिरस्कार, क्रौर्य यात संपून जाईल असं वरवर वाटतं; पण अशा स्थितीतही मानवतेचा पुरस्कार करणारे असंख्य लोक जगात सगळीकडं आहेत, याची जाणीव ठेवणं आवश्‍यक आहे. "

"Terrorist attacks, boris johnson and trump's politics of hate. In such a era, it feels as if the entire world will finish in hate and anger and violence, but we need to remember even in such situation there are so many people who still support humanity."

The first time I ever read or heard what Nihilism is, I was literally hating the person who would have first thought of this. I have been always a religious and sign believer person. I have had so many such incidence in my life which has made me a believer that somethings beyond explanation do happen in our life, miracles do exist and its not just as simple as we think it is. (Which by the way the Title of my blog shouts all the way  :P)


An another incidence which cause this to shook me from the core when I heard a Syrian student expressing his emotions on the violence they are witnessing. He said he doesnt feel anything now as people are dying around him everyday, he watched his friend die in front of his eyes with a bullet, and he couldnt do anything about it. And the connection was so damn freaking. He wasnt feeling anything because he has no other option left, he was turning into a emotionless person because he does not know what else he can do. A nihilist without even knowing what that is. Isnt its frightening? 

Doesnt this make you realize the worse nightmare of emotionless people attacking you and your world and you cant do anything about it ? Unless you become part of them. Its the worse kind of Zombies symbolism.  



After that I heard the news of attack in Bangladesh,
then there's the attack in Nice by one man,
and then  a Priest being murdered in a Church while giving a sermon.

At one time it became so unbearable as I thought
"Whether I would want my children to live in such hateful world?"

but then I decided to move past this, get over this horrible kind of phase I was going through. 
So in past few weeks, I read so many posts, heard so many podcasts, read articles, watched news and every where its just madness going on. But then I decided to take a break from it. An entire block to all this news and information. After a huge collection of information I wouldnt even look for news anymore. 
And it really seems much better now. Although I am not aware of the recent attack in Germany or in Europe or anywhere else, I am calm and in much better state. I dont spend my evenings watching news anymore, neither that I feel insecure any more. 
And I suppose its the later part of this quote,
"If you cant accept it, change it
and if you cant change it, learn to accept it" 
for me its mostly the later part.  As much as it seems cowardly, I dont have any other way to deal with it.  

 Let them call their lives are meaning less, which probably are because they do not know the happiness of a child when they laugh at something meaning less, they do not know the satisfaction of obtaining an impossible goal, they do not know the strength of love, before they could shape their thoughts and beliefs they get caught up in glorification of false ideas of glory. But this too will change, somewhere someone will get the truth and sooner everything will be right at its place. 

All we have to remember is for years the violence has been there, and the anger and everything that ultimately emerges after a certain period, but life does not stop. And as long as we have hearts beating inside us, we can never go extinct. 

No comments:

Post a Comment