Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Leader of the free world

 When I started following US politics or world politics for that matter, I heard from many people who said why don't you look at your own country first. 

But I guess I was put off by the way our political parties worked, the supporters or the volunteers I was witnessing in my own country. 



As I could see many of them blinded by the mere carisma of a leader and blindly followed them into any policy, defend any reckless decisions of them in the names of brilliant foreseeable future. I stand by my side to freely say that I do follow world or American politics because I feel there is something to look up to.



The first and foremost democracy teaches us even when it's in the low, allowing us to have an opportunity to learn from their mistakes.



While my country still struggle to get over cast differences I look up to a country which no matter the opposition gives fair chance to anyone who is capable.



As I see woman claiming the places they always meant to have and it gives me hope that one day we can reach there. 



As I see a country torn apart and then united somehow to hold its utmost values. 



I saw 4 years of pain and suffering of immigrants, people of color, environmental laws being wrecked and an absolute nonsensical behaviour from a person who called himself leader of the free world. I was naive back then to think that he did not deserve that seat, now when I think about it.



I feel he did deserve it. He was there so people could know what being a xenophobic, recist and maniac can do to a beautiful country with million opportunities.



The corona came as a surprise to everyone and it was an absolute misfortune to have to deal with that on top of already sinking ship. 



I have seen last 4 years of American democracy through various angles. Right from innocent people trapped in the prison due to his policies till the water contamination laws being thrown out of the window to support the industries, from people of color being killed out in the open till the children being kept in the cages away from their parents for no mistake of their own.



I feel hopeful and optimistic about the future and I don't mean just the future of our country which is currently in ruins but I feel that we as mankind can lead a better way even through the darkest of hours. 



I see so many farmers protesting in the streets for the laws, people making noise for the release of activists, comedians and journalist, people who are courageous enough to call out the leader. I know we can win against the cruelty, lies, inhumane values and racist beliefs. 



The future belongs to the truth...


No comments:

Post a Comment