Wednesday, June 22, 2016

My reasons to learn a new language

When I first thought of this subject, I googled the term and thousands of results popped up. well some  I did checked for my reference but they seem a little too business approaching. As in, world of new job opportunities, study overseas, stop being a fool in front of locals because you dont know their language, and bla bla.
But I guess I must be having my own reasons if I am trying to learn something so desperately.
So here's my reasons, although they might not be really helpful for other people but they are sort of helpful for me I guess.
My focus is mainly on French, so I'd try to explain in those terms.
So the very first reason

I want to be able to speak fluently in French.
well many a times I have seen people speaking in french in movies or in shows, and I feel envied that I dont understand the words they are speaking. I have this sort of crush on French because it seems so lovely without any efforts. as if person speaking in french always reciting a poetry and not speaking harsh subject. Well arebic or similar kind of languages seems as if people are discussing politics even when they are having a normal or romantic conversation, but french seems exactly opposite. I am a soft spoken person and I like thoughtful conversation and I would love love love to speak in fluent french one day with a french person. One day...

I  want to be able to speak one language apart from my mother tongue and English and my national language-
My mother tongue is marathi and we have vast literature available in this language, my national language is Hindi, which I dont like because it seems a little bit rigid to me. (I never ever liked to learn Hindi in my school, that is why I chose sanskrit after I could switch). And English is my favorite language because I have explored so many thoughts through English, I have read books, I have seen movies, listened songs and it is the language in which I speak to myself.
but apart from this, I want to learn atleast one language which I can say, yes I speak this as well. as in a achievement sort of thing.

I want to visit France one day, and I want to be able to ask how to get a room, what to eat, what not to eat, what are the places to visit, what is the best wine you have :D-
So yes, visiting France is on my bucket list, and I feel it is of utmost importance that I know their language before I visit the country. I dont want to feel as if missing on something only because I dont know how to ask about it.

I feel french is a exquisite language to speak as well to read. 
I have said this before, but I think I would like to explore the work of art in french, in the same language.  I feel when we read or see something which is translated into the language we understand, there comes some limitations of the person who has translated it. I would like to read the books or watch the movies in that native language in which they were made.

So that is all, for this I want to learn French. :D I wish as soon as I get my joining I will be looking out for a French class and get certified as a French Speaker. One day... ;)

Merci...


No comments:

Post a Comment