Saturday, December 3, 2016

The Body

"The body" well obviously to the name this novel was about a dead body of course by Stephen King the king of mystery. 
First of all I would like to express my happiness for starting my first Stephen kings book because I did not know I was a supreme fan of this author until I found out that he is the one who has written Rita Hayworth and Shawshank redemption so of course whoever has watched Shawshank redemption has to know what kind of an author he is. 
So about this book of course, the body opens with a sort of deep monologue about how hard it is to talk about things we are ashamed of which by the way actually got my nerve. I felt as if someone has written the same thing I haven't quite figured out. 
Later the story turns and twists into an amazing tour of four friends going on a unthinkable adventure in these days that is to go and watch a body. They go through a absolute plan of how to keep their parents fooled while they are gone, they come across mean dump ground keeper and survive a massive train wreck on a bridge of river, witness a really horrible night in a forest which is followed by a soothing morning and like always the sun comes up kind of thing. And finally after lots of hurdles and patience they finally see the dead body over which they fight off with older body that who should report it to police. Ultimately winning the claim to do so by making them afraid with a gun they had stolen . They return back safely  ,never actually report anything to anyone but this adventure kind of turns the narrators life around, making him to keep the good things he has and turning himself into an author while three of his friends dies one after another in different incidences.
The thing I absolutely loved was of course when Gordon witness a deer the next morning after quite a horrible night. The way it is related to the things happening in his older life makes it kind of the readers secret. We absolutely get the kind of feeling it gives us, that how we feel after a massive blow has settled down and we are left with soothing realization that it's alright now. Everything is fine and nothing can go wrong anymore. 
I guess we all have a deer moment reserved inside of us. Keeping us going on from one adventures to another.
I guess I will be posting few reviews about Stephen kings books now, as its like a hidden treasure box for me now.
 Image result for the body book cover

No comments:

Post a Comment