Saturday, December 31, 2016

Bonne Année!

"All those days watching from the windows
All those years outside looking in
All that time never even knowing
Just how blind I've been
Now I'm here blinking in the starlight
Now I'm here suddenly I see
Standing here it's all so clear
I'm where I'm meant to be"


So this was the song I was singing when I was alone on our terrace last year, with my coffee and a cheesy maggie and a pack of salted chips, while I watched the floating lanterns and crescent moon above in the sky. And I was hoping that at least next time I will not have to celebrate my new year like this. 

And today I am writing this post after having an amazing new year bash with my new made friends whose names I didn't even know last week. And we tried to get into a pub but it was almost full so we just sat on the tables outside of the cafeteria where there was no music to deafen our ears but a kind of serene calmness and a company to enjoy and ordered our fried chicken and coke and laughed till my cheeks hurt. 

Then when it was past twelve we all shouted out and wished strangers going by Happy new year and shared cakes with them without even needing to know their names or never having to give them ours. 
There was a time when everyone was shaking hands and giving Happy new year wishes and I could see just the one floating lantern hovering in the sky and that reminded me of my last years alone celebrations of new year. 

I never been so aware of the dynamics of the life, as how things shift right below our feet and it just gets so easy as if riding a slow ride but when we look back its just horrifying tracks which has led us to this very moment. 

Last year been real bitch one with lots of moments of sadness and happiness also. I finally completed my dream of being in a corporate company working as an independent woman. I received my first paycheck as well. and I have learn a great deal about patience in this year. I guess most of the time the good years dont matter as much as the tough ones do. :)

So, 2016 has ended officially and I am starting a real new phase of my life from tomorrow with 2017, I wish the next new year bash will be even more amazing than this. 

Happy New Year! 
Bonne Année!
Merci!


No comments:

Post a Comment