Saturday, November 25, 2017

The most underrate pleasure- Cooking

Since I was a kid, I loved to read books related to cooking.
Out of all the books that I read, cooking and food related books are my favorites.
Give me anything that talks about the history of cheese making which involves diseases also born due to cheese and its processing, I am the happiest person on earth.

I have watched endless food shows, read food related articles, books even biographies related to food and its artists- chefs.

And if anything that will always stay with me throughout my life I think that will be my love towards home cooked delicious food.

Some of my cousins also have these amazing cooking skills, my own sisters who takes immense proud in her sea food and non vegetarian delicacies, I think we all have inherited this love for home cooking from my grandmother. My grandmother was one of the few people who would take cooking as a part of happiness in life. She would sprung to her feet if there is an opportunity to cook something only she can make as the Karela sabji or steamed Modak or Upama with her own style. I have seen her in her 80's toiling near stove, taking her time and preparing the best tasting food she can by giving it time and taking a pleasure out of it.

I recently watched a beautiful documentary which explored the food around the world through the elements which are absolutely required for the preparation of the food Fire, Air, Water, Earth...

I couldnt get enough of it as I was watching something beautiful unfold in front of me through centuries and the present food culture.

I dont know how and why I gain so much of the pleasure through cooking or rather even thinking or reading about it, but its an absolutely unforgettable experience of making something with  your own hands which has its own behavior and culture and history and taste and smells, it has to be one of the best meditation practices to achieve something out of some raw ingredients.

To the hungry me....

Cooking Time!!                                                                                                                                                                                 More

Cooked



No comments:

Post a Comment