Friday, May 6, 2016

Sairat... A half realistic tale

Well the first time I read about the new upcoming movie "Sairat" was when I read a joke about it on whats app.
After it I read an entirely contradictory opinion about someone who was giving critic opinion against such movies of teen age love, and had mentioned many such movies which had came with the similar plot. It even included a sarcastic remark as students are getting bold and getting an unusual side of teen adult love and these movies are definitely putting a contrasting effect on their minds.
So personally when I had seen "Fandry" for the first time, I thought it was an epic movie, not just because it won national award and because it showed a tale happening in a absolute realistic environment of India which divided our society in many layers for the sake of cast and creeds as well a social  status. Those whoever said to me that they were really bored while watching people running behind pigs I was smiling to myself feeling as when people are going to get out of these stereotypes of movies and start appreciating what is actually amazing and yet so difficult to explain in words, and the director is delivering in a single expression on actors face. It was fabulous beyond praise.
And then when I read the sarcastic review of the unknown person who had gave his opinion in such hurried manner and trying to put an effect on others opinion.
But when I watched movie finally and I felt how instant the reaction that was. Rather movie wasn't even about teen adult love only. It had a  lot to understand and feel beyond whatever had been written in that opinion.
I do agree that I was quote shocked with the end, but it left me for thinking that is it the end of all the hustle they went through?
but even then they did went through it all and sustained against all the odds, and still the society was not giving a chance to take freedom and survive by going against it.

And I think that is the purpose of movies, rather it should be... That they agitates the way you think, they give you a new view towards you have been keeping your eyes closed. This is of course true that not everyones love story will not be successful as it was of the movie, nor will it have a gore end like it was in movie.
So ultimately movie was one of the memorable ones that I will always remember.

To Sairat.
and to making genuine effort of making realistic movies.

Edit: While searching frantically that whether film is based on true story, I found this link

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dongroves/2016/05/11/teenage-romance-sairat-breaks-box-office-records-in-india/#5ca1044462ed

an article in forbes eh :D thats awesome....

No comments:

Post a Comment